When I process your personal information, I am regulated under UK data protection laws and am responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information. ‘Personal information’ means information which relates to you as an individual and tells me something about you.
The personal information I collect, and the use I make of it, varies depending on the nature of my relationship with you. This privacy notice applies to website users and individuals that contact me.
Under data protection law, I can only use your personal information if I have a legal reason for doing so, for example:
- Where you have given consent
- For the performance of my contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- To comply with my legal and regulatory obligations
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person
- For my legitimate interests or those of a third party. A legitimate interest is when I have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
2. Personal information I collect about you
The personal data I collect about you may include:
- your name and contact information, including email address or telephone number if you provide it
- your employer or links to an organisation if you contact me on their behalf
- information about how you use my website
- any other information you provide in your enquiry
Much of this information will be provided by you. Some of it may be provided by cookies on my website.
Further information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
All cookies will expire no more than 2 years after being set or updated.
3. How and why I use your personal information
I use this information to communicate with you or the organisation that you are contacting me on behalf of.
I do this:
- for the performance of a contract with you/your organisation or to take steps at your/their request before entering into a contract
- for my legitimate interests or those of a third party.
4. Who I share your personal information with
I will only share your personal information, where necessary, with my advisers and service providers including my website hosts, accountants or lawyers. These service providers can only use your personal information to provide services to me and are subject to confidentiality obligations.
5. Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of your personal information may be necessary for me to be able to perform a contract entered into with you or your organisation. Otherwise, you are not required to provide me with any personal information about you.
6. How long I keep your personal information for
I keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, I will securely delete it.
7. Where your personal information is held
Your personal information is held on servers hosted by third party suppliers.
8. Transferring your personal data outside the UK
It is sometimes necessary for me to share your personal data outside the UK, for example, with my website host.
To comply with UK data protection law, I will only make these transfers:
- Where the recipient country is subject to an EU adequacy decision or a UK adequacy regulation
- Where the recipient individual or organisation has entered into the International Data Transfer Agreement in which they agree to protect your privacy rights
- Where the transfers are necessary for the performance of a contract between you and me or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request or
- With your consent.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge.
|The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
|The right to require me to correct any mistakes in your personal information
|To be forgotten
|The right to require me to delete your personal information – in certain situations
|Restriction of processing
|The right to require me to restrict processing of your personal information – in certain circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of the data
|The right to receive the personal information you provided to me, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations
|The right to object: at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);in certain other situations to my continued processing of your personal information, for example processing carried out for the purpose of my legitimate interests.
|Not to be subject to automated individual decision making
|The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us or see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the UK GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please
- contact me via the form on my website
- let me have enough information to identify you
- let me have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let me know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
10. Keeping your personal information secure
I have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed unlawfully.
11. How to complain
I hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about my use of your information.
The UK GDPR gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by telephone on 0303 123 1113. If you live or work in the EU or EEA, you can also complain to your local supervisory authority.
12. Changes to this privacy notice
I may change this privacy notice from time to time so please check it periodically.
13. How to contact us
Please contact me via the form on my website if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information I hold about you.